- Take a break once in a month for your family exclusively
It is very important that you realize that your family needs your personal
time, which they hate sharing with your friends or others. Do make sure
you hand over that much space to them, if only once in a month.
- Waiting for that day is very exciting for your child. They think a great
deal about the outing. You will find yourself fulfilled by watching their
excitement. Don’t deprive your child of this excitement.
- Express your anger when absolutely necessary because you are full of
anxiety. But make sure that after some time you explain the reasons
for your outburst. Be careful of venting your anger on members of the
family because of your failure to solve your official or professional
- Remember: economics is not the only face of the cards you deal in
terms of life. Yes, there is importance attached to the money factor, but
try cutting it down to a point. Check it—do you tend to dissipate a large
amount of energy over small issues?
- Watching TV is a relaxation. But the comfort of being with your spouse
and child is even more soothing.
- Finally, just as your quarrels are often in full view of your child, make
sure that you do some soft talk as well with your life partner in front of
Many good fathers understand their spouses’ interest and accept it, in
order to keep the family atmosphere warm and comfortable without making
TIPS FOR A WIFE
- Keep silent when your husband is verbally aggressive.
- Try not to be the reason for his outbursts. They come due to many
external stress-inducing factors (e. g., from the work-place).
- Be cheerful; it may give him the necessary boost to go ahead with life.
- Find a suitable time to talk to your husband.
- Do not nurture the image of your husband as unemotional because males
are often more emotional than females. Find out the reasons for his
silence. Sometimes he is scared of your reactions. Present your strong
and patient side to him so that he feels free to ventilate his feelings,
ideas and thoughts. Do not block them. If you have objections, wait
for a while and find a suitable time to talk it over. You will see the
- Never form a clique with your children while excluding your husband.
This is often a result of the annoyance he may have caused to you.
- Never try to turn your child against his/her father.
FOR THE SPOUSES:
- Make your spouse your best friend, guide and philosopher. Admire him/
her. Spend time together at home and outside. It takes time to grow
together as friends.
- Always be affectionate with, and fond of, your spouse. Love cannot last
without its expression. This is the art of BONDING.
- Remember the important days: birthdays, anniversaries and others. It
highlights your caring nature.
- Be transparent with your spouse and talk with him/her always.
- Develop confidence, affection and appreciation for him/her.
- Give him/her a little pleasant surprise quite often. It keeps your love
alive and fresh.
- Be sensitive to each other’s feelings.
- Recognize and understand your spouse’s personality and weaknesses.
- Show genuine interest in your spouse’s career and exploits.
- Share any sexual inhibitions that you have with your spouse.
- While dealing with a problem, keep focused on the issue. Address
‘what’ instead of ‘who’ is right or wrong.
- Respect each other’s privacy.
- Welcome each other’s relatives and friends.
- Keep yourself looking good. Attend to personal grooming and maintain
the interest of your spouse.
- Be able to assess your mistakes and, where necessary, laugh at yourself
- Leave room for the opinions of others.
- Avoid being suspicious, hypersensitive or thin-skinned. Let some
comments go by sometimes. Do not respond to everything.
- Avoid feeling insecure when others disagree with you. Allow them to
exercise their rights. Try to learn from their disagreements—you might
just be surprised to see another solution.
- Make careful considerations and act decisively with preparation for any
necessary changes or adjustment.
- Comparing your spouse with others can be detrimental.
- Don’t let any other person interfere in your marriage life, except
professional advisors/counsellors when needed.
- Avoid using mean, degrading words. Give a careful thought to how you
express dissatisfaction or disagreement with her/him.
- Don’t be autocratic while making decisions. Believe in mutuality.
Respect your spouse’s decision.
- Financial planning is crucial. Mutual planning enhances the quality of
- Both of you should be communicative.
- You should solve the problems jointly as much as possible (familial,
social, financial, even official).
- Finance, i. e. investments, expenditures, etc., should be open to
discussion for both of you.
- Make your budget jointly.
- Hiding financial strategy often aggravates the problems.
- You should participate actively and jointly in social activities and follow
- If you fight with your spouse in front of the child, make sure to show
affection as well; also, convince your child about your spouse’s good
- NEVER FIGHT IN PUBLIC. IT WORKS IN THE CHILD LIKE
- NEVER USE YOUR CHILD AS A GO-BETWEEN WHEN BOTH OF
YOU STOP COMMUNICATING. IT WILL INSTIL A FEAR AND
INSECURITY IN HIM. AS A RESULT, HE MAY START RUNNING
AWAY FROM HIS FAMILY IN SEARCH OF EMOTIONAL
- REMEMBER! YOUR QUARRELS MAY LEAVE A PERMANENT
SCAR ON YOUR CHILD’S MIND.